Delta Tyres

Nello

Question

OK my fronts are in a rather poor state and now the Winters finally arrived I thought I'd better get some new rubber. Wanted to match the factory Goodyear F1 Asymetrics.

I still have the factory tyres from new so am fairly happy they have lasted 3 years and 30k.

I would not usually touch Kwik-Fit with a barge-pole and will certainly never take my car in to one of the outlets however they currently have free mobile fitting so you can get them done on your drive while you watch. Mobile fitters tend to be the most experienced and professional as they are seen to be more customer facing.

So I have ordered a front pair to be fitted at home Wednesday - They also have a special on Goodyears' at the moment - £10 cashback with any W and Y speed rated tyres as long as you order at least a pair. So all in all I've paid £181 for mobile home fitting plus I get £20 back once they are done. Not a bad deal for premium rubber so If anyone else needs some...............

Edited by Nello

Funny you should say that Mikey - Just seen those on Blackcircles - £68 a corner plus £20 off for a set of four. I have always stuck with Goodyears until now - so recommended then?

Wow that IS  cheap!

Yep I really liked them. Not sure on wear rate, but don't think they were too bad, and grip in wet and dry was impressive, plus not too noisy either. 

I'm never sure what the OE fitment supplier was although I presumed it was Goodyear.  For that price though I might give the Avon's a go. My rears have lasted forever - not even sure when they were last changed - I'm only going to do now as the sidewalls are cracking with age. Still plenty of tread on them...............

Edited by Nello

We have Barum Bravuris3 on my wife's Delta, 205/55 x16 240 euros for a set of 4, fitted, balanced and new valves, good all round grip and very quiet on the road, I would recommend them

I have Pirelli P7s on the Tipo 225 45 x17 and at 70000 kms still going strong, although am going to fit a new pair on the front for the winter, 110 euros each

I fitted Michelin primacy to replace the original Michelin that came with the car. I think I got a good deal at my local costco with About 80 quid a corner and mine are the 17 inch.

Can't fault them for grip but I think they are a bit loud on the road.

I got 4 Vredestein Ultrac Satin on the LTD a few months ago - around €75 each from Eiretyres (Delticom) plus €12 each to fit them - so far so good, not too noisy, grip seems fine to me 

The real clincher was that the profile was designed by Giugaro  - how could I resist??  :P

Edited by alfaspud

Tyres need replacing again in my car - Pirelli's always seem to get mixed reviews but I have always liked them. As per this thread I had kept to Goodyears on my Delta up to now but Kwik-Fit Mobile (I'll only use their Mobile service!) have P7's with 10% off if you order more than 1 so work out at £72 a corner fitted on my drive! Being done Wednesday...................

Having done some detailed research in the past months on this subject :) I can say that the Pirelli P7 is definitely a tyre to consider. There is a 'blue' version that has obtained A rating for both wet grip and fuel efficiency. As Nello says, they seem to have mixed reviews, but I believe this is due to the fact that the number of people reviewing them is much smaller than with other brands (Michelin, etc). I personally went for Goodyears and I'm very happy, but please do not forget that my car is on 18" wheels.