Changing The Headlights, Any Tips?

twe

Question

This seems like a weird question to ask but I want to change my headlights to see if one of the bulbs is faulty from shaking when I drive or I need to get the dealer to replace something.

Seems a very tight fit though, any clue on how to change the bulbs? I can take the cap off but taking the metal fitting out seems a nightmare.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

twe - Page 210 of the owners Manual shown here: https://srs20assets.service-solutions.com/OEM/Chrysler/en-US/Product/2012Delta1stOMPDF/Flipbook/index.html  or its a sticky at the top of this Delta section.....

It'll be a spring loaded clip that holds the Bulb in place. You will get skinned knuckles! I think they usually work by squeezing together and moving up though not had to change my Deltas' yet but they are stock Fiat fittings so normally of the same type..

Edited by Nello

Replacing the bulb isn't that bad. I did both sides on mine a few weeks back. I started with the least accessible one, but figured out it was better to start on the other side to actually see how it's supposed to be done. Like Nello says it's a spring loaded clip. If I remember correctly you don't squeeze the clip together, but move it up or down, can't remember which way.

I think I was squeezing them together, which is possibly where I was going wrong. It just says to remove the fitting in the manual which is why I asked if there is a technique or a way to get better access.

I will have a go at tackling the problem soon, thanks guys.