Drivers Window Regulators

Martin66

Question

Hi guys, I am a newbie and own a 2003 CGV. My drivers side window regulator has stopped working and luckily is stuck in the up position! I have managed to get a replacement from a breakers but it's come off a 2005 CGV.Would this be able to fit in my 2003 CGV? I Would be most grateful if someone out there could help me.

2 answers to this question

take door card off  take speaker out there`s star screws four in total on the wind ow runners loosen only 

reconnect the window switch key on press the down and hit the motor see if you can get motor to run window down 5" 

on motor 3 bolts 10mm on inside of door pliers mole grips grab the rubber washer its got a nut inside (round threaded ring )

if you cant undo just prised them out as you can replace with a bolt and washer and nut

with motor loose undo the 2 screws motor cover and pull down off now if motor didnot work turn the motor spindle to get window down so you can see the bottom window but its above the door frame bar so you can push the window backwards when you pull the silver clip out on each rail  push the window up and get someone to hold it up or tape it up or lenght wood inside

the two rails slide up and push back wards when screw head lines up with hole 

need to pull rails in toward middle and lift high to get one bottom out then pull down to get rail out and other side it is tight 

on motor clean copper contacts and brushes  and grease worm gear to get motor cover back on the brushes have springs pushing them inwards unclip pull brushes back screw in motor spindle then re clip the springs motor cover only fits one way

i used grease this time as spray oil didnt seem to work for long on motor where the cables run i pulled off the clips removed cover pulled the cable drum off and released the cables worked grease into all cables and sliders and greased the cover on the drum

to replace cable on one rail the cable is connected black plastic block turn and pull out 

on the cable drum on motor front cable lift out take cable off wined the rear cable round the black drum as far as you can  and replace the front cable and replace on motor 

if you got help get them to push the outter cables in towards motor against the springs the black cable block on rail can now be replaced this is a tight fit 

and refit

i have replaced the brushes in past using household motor brushes sanded to fit

and cleaned copper contacts many times but found it will stop a few weeks later which made me re grease the lot this time working a lot better