Niggly Parts And Help Plz?

JustJonno

Question

Hi guys! I've gotten myself a Mk3 W plate 2000 Voyager 2.5TD. In all it's an amazing car for the price I paid and as it's cheap it doesn't owe me anything. That being said there a couple of parts that I'm looking for if anyone has some kicking around as well as advice on a couple of things.

I'm looking for the horizontal gear linkage bushing plus top clip as mine seems to have vanished and I have some issues hitting first/second because the throw isn't long enough with no bushing there. If you have a spare or are breaking please keep me in mind, will pay for postage and moderate amount for part.

I'm also looking for help with the drivers side rear electric vent. It opens from the switch but won't close. The passenger side opens and closes fine just the drivers side refuses to close and I have to manually twist the mech to close it. Any ideas where to start? is it something that a few have had problems with?

The only other niggly thing I have is a diesel leak somewhere in the engine bay, the injectors and returns are dry, the pump looks dry but it drips when you stop for a few mins then stops which makes me think it's something to do with the high preasure side.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks in advance

8 answers to this question

Hi, the one I know at the local scrapyard is 3.3 petrol so I could only help with the wing switch, I have that problem with one of my cars, rain got inside the buttons and now the passenger window it comes down but it doesn't go up unless I pull the switch many times and it goes up little by little. You could try removing the switch and clean it with a fine sand paper and wd40 otherwise needs replacing.

As per the leakage, try turn the nuts more they might be loose if someone did any work on it in the past and left them loose by mistake,

Hope it helps.

Edited by mikebh8

Hi, the one I know at the local scrapyard is 3.3 petrol so I could only help with the wing switch, I have that problem with one of my cars, rain got inside the buttons and now the passenger window it comes down but it doesn't go up unless I pull the switch many times and it goes up little by little. You could try removing the switch and clean it with a fine sand paper and wd40 otherwise needs replacing.

As per the leakage, try turn the nuts more they might be loose if someone did any work on it in the past and left them loose by mistake,

Hope it helps.

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I've looked at the switch and cleaned them up.. the window kinda worked for a couple of goes all be it slowly then stopped all together. I'm guessing it's something to do with the motor now so I'm going to have to strip out the rear pillar plastic to get to it and see what's what.

I've not had chance to look into the leakage yet, but will do when I get time, However there's a problem that's far more important that I'm stumped with.

The car has zero pickup power.. I can floor it in first, second and third and maybe hit 30 after about 30-45 seconds.. I've looked at the usual suspects like the MAF and the filter and all seems ok, oil is good as is the gearbox and clutch but I'm not sure about the turbo if it's working or not. Anything you could suggest before I get it to a garage? There's nothing in the ODB buffer to suggest any faults either so I'm a little stumped.

....hm, a bit tricky symptom.

It can be sensors, air intake manifold, fuel intake....

Does it rattle on idle? Going up the hill without accelerating does it go up nicely?

Does the actuator work?( someone inside the car turning the engine on and off and you should see it acting, sometimes you can here it when turning off the engine)

Having a fuel leak it could be that when running is pulling in air through there and messes the fuel rail sensor...

Try fixing the fuel leak first and test for results.

Hope it helps.

Hi there, with the complete lack of power, but I presume it will rev at a standstill out of gear, sounds like no boost from the turbo somehow, hoses off, or just knackered.

Is blowing oil smoke out the back?

It blows a little puff first thing on startup and yes it revs ok on the clutch or out of gear. I was thinking the turbo either the valve stuck or knackered too.. kinda scared to take it to the garage due to position and cost of turbos.

....hm, a bit tricky symptom.

It can be sensors, air intake manifold, fuel intake....

Does it rattle on idle? Going up the hill without accelerating does it go up nicely?

Does the actuator work?( someone inside the car turning the engine on and off and you should see it acting, sometimes you can here it when turning off the engine)

Having a fuel leak it could be that when running is pulling in air through there and messes the fuel rail sensor...

Try fixing the fuel leak first and test for results.

Hope it helps.

There's a little rattle on idle but once you rev it goes away next time it idles. I think that's either the power steering pump (because that gets heavy at idle..) or the fuel pump where it's leaking. I haven't got a ramp to put it up and start poking around with though.

Try pressing the accelerator pedal just a little bit (around 1000 revs) and release it quickly, if the rattle is more obvious could be one of the injectors...but it will show on a ecu software where you said is no fault coming up.

Undo the "y" pipe connections from intake manifold, stuck a finger or a screwdriver in and check for built up carbon, do you have oil in the oil cooler( I don't know exactly how much should be) but if is no oil it means the fault is in recirculation.

...anyone else with any other suggestions please step in...is always good having few inspections to find the right fault.