Voyager 2004 Central Locking Problem

Simonmcc1972

Question

10 answers to this question

One door meaning the driver side door, did you try the passenger door?

From inside the car it only works as central locking, it does not arm or disarm the module, when you do it from the remote instead, the module sends the signal to the central locking through the driver side locking/unlocking switch.

I would inspect the wiring to the driver side door but first try the key into the passenger side.

Edited by mikebh8

Good point @@ryden, he does say he tested the fob but it worth a try. In my fob there are two.

Also a trick that I learned few years back, you go away from the car as much as the remote works, then go back few steps more and when the car is in out of reach, hold the remote next to your temple pointing the car, don't ask my why but it works.

;)

Chrysler stipulate using only one battery instead of two ( ill dig it up from the manual when i get home) but I couldn't really comment on why.

Not to long back I had a few issues regarding the fob locking/ unlocking and it working at different distances. Turned out to be the battery - well that's all i changed and it fixed my problems.

Haha, yeah I've heard about that trick. Apparently there is method to the madness, regarding that trick. 

The same FOB does lock/unlock on (1) both the drivers doors [driver & rear-sliding] and (2) all 4 doors depending on the software setting, you can set either preference but only with the proper scanner. With with single side set in the BCM software you would need to press the unlock button TWICE to open all four doors.

I presume you have just the one fob simon? 

Also, another silly one - try the fob and if it doesn't work, give it a little tap then see if it works. ( sometimes the batteries don't sit very well in the holder) 

Below is an extract from Chrysler manual ( sorry for misinforming anyone)

"The recommended battery is Duracell DL 2016 or equivalent, TWO cells are required. Battery life is about three years minimum."