Cgv Smoke And Revs To 1500 Only

bazzer

Question

Hi,

My 2004 Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited 2.5 CRD blew out an injector, coincidentally about 1 Year ago it had three injectors reconditioned, the Mechanic said he couldn't remove number 1 injector as the retaining bolt was seized, and yes it was number 1 injector that blew out, I think that the Mechanic had tried to remove it and probably weakened the bolt head, anyway I had to drill out the bolt and re-Tap it and refit the injector ( I had it reconditioned ), Now its back together I can start the Car and it ticks over at approx 800rpm - 900rpm, when I press the accelerator pedal it will only rev to 1500rpm and I get white smoke from the exhaust, I have got the CEL on the dash that goes out when I try to rev the Car, I have had the Car read twice for any code errors and both have said no codes present,

Has anyone got any idea as to what the problem is.  Your help will be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,

Barry. 

1 answer to this question

What diagnostic software did you use, on these models not all the softwares work.

I guess by drilling the bolt you overheated the gasket and now it is blowing oil into compression chamber and not be pulled down ...

Or debris got onto the piston head and blow the piston rings which now allow the oil to stay in the compression chamber...

I hope I'm wrong but either way for future use, when drilling/cutting on engines, water (or any cooling that works) should be used to keep a low temperature.

Keep an eye on the oil, if it drops in level is that.

Not revving, might be the engine is in limp mode because the ecu detected a pressure lose.

Just a theory, don't take it for granted.

Hope it helps.

Edited by mikebh8