Battery Draining

Emmolu

Question

Dear All,

I have a Chrysler Voyager my lovely pet, I had this problem of battery draining and I have changed the battery twice thinking it was the battery until the friend that needed a battery took it yours truly he is still using the battery was condemned.

When I got an Auto electrician this week he diagonised that to a FUSE marked 10was responsible. When the fuse is removed the vehicle starts well and no more draining. All I noticed is that the Central lock, Radio, speedometer and driver side window no longer works.  

Please can someone help me out please.

Emmolu

Leeds, West Yorkshire

Edited by Emmolu

3 answers to this question

Dear All,

I have a Chrysler Voyager my lovely pet, I had this problem of battery draining and I have changed the battery twice thinking it was the battery until the friend that needed a battery took it yours truly he is still using the battery was condemned.

When I got an Auto electrician this week he diagonalised that to a FUSE marked 10 was responsible. When the fuse is removed the vehicle starts well and no more draining. All I noticed is that the Central lock, Radio, speedometer and driver side window no longer works.  

Please can someone help me out please.

Emmolu

Leeds, West Yorkshire

Read this, then  read this, then come back and ask questions. Two batteries one of them brand new suggests you are not doing long enough journeys often enough, or you have a serious problem with the alternator or your wiring.  Which battery [CCA] did you fit ? Pulling that 20a IOD fuse is not a solution ! - some light reading for you !

Edited by QinteQ