Hello

ABERDEENVOYAGER

Hi just bought a 3.3 petrol for the family a few issues to fix but it runs great.Only done 65000 miles so hopefully will last a while dvd head unit not working ,cruise control not engaging light coming on for switching on and off and engine light on code reader points to the front lambda probe.Is there anything else worth checking? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Ross

Edited by ABERDEENVOYAGER

Hi and welcome!

Best to post this in the correct section for help, but a few hopeful quick ones-

DVD - do you have the remote? On mine I have to press the "headset" picture to get the screen on.

Cruise - are you pressing the "set" button too? 

Engine light - is it the heater on the lambda sensor that the fault code reads? I had this on one of mine, so it runs fine, the heater is for faster response on cold starts.

good luck pal, Nev

Hi Nev

Thanks for that yeah so once the gremlins are sorted hopefully it will be a keeper for a while I used the previous posts on this forum to make a decision on the diesel vs petrol route.

DVD - do you have the remote? Yes I have it but the head unit wont accept a dvd into it does it need to be switched on via the remote first?

Cruise - are you pressing the "set" button too? Yes set button too so I will check vacuum lines under battery tray?

Engine light - is it the heater on the lambda sensor that the fault code reads? I had this on one of mine, so it runs fine, the heater is for faster response on cold starts.Yeah its the heater I've managed to source one on eurocarparts for £50 easy enough to replace?

Thanks

Edited by ABERDEENVOYAGER

Hiya Ross,

Mine is the multi changer dvd, but if the top unit won't take a disc I wonder if there's one stuck in there?

Our multi changer needs the number button pressing, then when the light flashes it will take a disc.

I'm not sure on the other parts of the cruise control, but as you say it's cable operated from the unit under there.

And that lambda sensor was a git to do, I had to get my mate at the garage to do it, needed heat, then the "crackit" freezer, and his special tool to get it out, it's on the rear manifold and jolly difficult access - unless you take the wiper motor scuttle off which isn't as difficult as I first thought when I did a wiper motor years ago.

But just in case, do re-post this on the Grand Voyager help section for other guys input.

Cheers!