New Owner, Need Some Help?

philcrumpler

Question

Hi, 

I've just purchased a 2.5D 2002 Voyager, all was well on the drive home last night, was warned about making sure radio etc was off when left car, when I brought it there was a beeping noise when the drivers door was open, I have since found this means the key is still in the ignition, even though it wasn't? Is there a easy fix to this, or will it mean a new ignition barrel?  :(

4 answers to this question

Thanks for that - car didn't come with the handbook so I didn't even twig to that, got it sorted now!! Think the key is worn as I can remove it easily whilst the car is running...

You're welcome, the even worse issue is that taking the key out while still in the ACC position means all the accessories are still live, meaning in turn a flat battery.

Hi , Just read your post. I've just posted my problem and I noted you didn't get user manual with the car. I had the same problem and contacted the previous owner who very kindly sent me the whole package f.o.c. You never know, It's worth a try best of luck