Tailgate And Dvd Issues

Baker0376

Question

Morning peeps

Was hoping someone may be able to help me with 2 issues I have encountered with my grand voyager.

1st is that the boot will only open with the key. If you press the fob or button in the front head dash nothing happens. If you press the latch by the number plate on the boot it clicks but nothing else. It's just getting a little annoying now...

2nd is the dvd player takes the dvd disc and the roof screen comes on and turns blue, it says it's reading on the screen but nothing else happens.

Any light you can shed on these 2 issues is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

3 answers to this question

Boot issue, I would check the main motor for the auto opening (faulty of lose wire or fuse) . When button on door is pressed does it click and then make a funny buzzing noise?

I personally don't use the dvd player as its a pain to have all the discs in the car so I use a media player through the av connection and play all the kids films from a USB stick

I would suggest check fuses first, then check if there is power to the motor on the back door, if all ok it might be the motor itself.

Yes it the old component connection, the 3 connectors are in the front of my dvd player. Media player converts USB (digital) to red, yellow and white connectors (analogue) and is powered from the cig lighter. Only cost around £15 from ebay. Definitely a lot cheaper than replacing dvd player if it's not working.