Infinity Amplified?

ametcalfe1989

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi there,

This is indeed a tricky question, as I've had two GV's and I believe one had infinity and one did not. Both were 2004/205 2.8CRD LTD.

My current one is the CRD LTD XS AUTO 2.8 RG-Body, 4th generation, Bosch ECU so not sure how that compares with the 2001 edition.

I've not yet found a definitive way of testing for infinity, I suspect my current one has infinity as doing a direct change of the head unit wouldn't be possible as feeding 'regular' audio into the ISO connector results in no audio.

I'm assuming this is to fit an aftermarked head unit? See some other recent posts in the forums, but I'd love to have a definitive test if somebody knows of one (Without pulling apart the rear quarter of the interior to look for the amplifier and identify it with part codes).

Hi again Andy :),

I'm taking the aftermarket unit from my ford.

BUT, after buying this voyager a couple of weeks backnow, I had to get the factory radio unlocked only to find out that there was no sound and an error whenever I inserted any sort of CD.

So I'm assuming the factory unit is shot, I'm just preying it's not an amp issue instead!

I'm going to try and fit it next weekend and I'll keep a photo/video log to keep you all updated and hopefully should it be successful it might help some others out there seeing as I've found tens of similar questions across this forum and other chrysler forums.

Thanks again Andy for your reply. You helped hugely with my other issue, it was a jammed open thermostat in the end. I fitted a new in-line thermostat and it's working beautifully now

Did you find out if your car has the infinity amplified audio kit or not? if it doesn't have it, you can try to upgrade an aftermarket audio which has great sound quality. There are many manufactures such as seicane produce aftermarket tools. Hope everything will be fine with you. Cheers.