2.8Crd Fuel Pump Wiring Loom

nathanevans

Question

Hi,

My wifes GV has the usual fault with the fuel pump wiring and the car cutting out. I need to get a new loom but can't find anywhere reasonable to get one, found one on ebay but it was £180 and that seemed a bit steep.

Has anyone got a reliable supplier or had to get one recently? Your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nath

5 answers to this question

Has the usual fault with the fuel pump and car cutting out. I'm trying to get my head round this one as I was thinking of the Injection pump. But you must be talking about the filter bowl near the back axle which has the priming pump in it. So the wiring to this is goosed I take it and nothing to do with the filter letting air in.

I've had 2 that have had cutting out issues, luckily, both times, it's been down to the fuel filter not being tight enough, and it drawing in air.
The 2002 2.5 had the filter at the rear, our 2006 has it up in the engine bay.  

I think the wiring issue is caused by the housing cracking, which can let in air. It can also let out fuel, which causes the fault with the wiring. 

Edited by soupstone

I've had 2 that have had cutting out issues, luckily, both times, it's been down to the fuel filter not being tight enough, and it drawing in air.

The 2002 2.5 had the filter at the rear, our 2006 has it up in the engine bay.  

I think the wiring issue is caused by the housing cracking, which can let in air. It can also let out fuel, which causes the fault with the wiring. 

Yeah thats what I've got, Might see if the filter needs tightening as well then, could be a quicker fix :-)