Help With Latest Purchase

mike213735

Question

Hi all,

I've just bought myself a 2006 GV (unfortunately 3.3 Petrol) and wondered if anyone could help with the following issues.

1) I have no remote fob - Where's the best place to buy and get programmed

2) Sat Nav says no disc. Does anyone have one for sale, and where is the drive. LOL.

3) Parking sensors do nothing. Not a sound...Ever.

That's it for now but I'm sure once I get it home on Monday this list will grow.

Thanks

Mike

Edited by mike213735

8 answers to this question

You've just bought this from Burke & Hare Motors, Old Church Wynd, Surgeons Hall, Edinburgh haven't you. I noticed it for sale in their Bereavement section, under could possibly be repaired by Frank Stein body spares shop. Sorry but must be the Time of the Year...

Hello to the newbie! And welcome!

Ho ho good one Gordy!

In case it's real not a ghost:

1) Second hand one and a GOOD local AUTO locksmith can code it in - yes they can, see elsewhere on this site - had mine done.

2) Yes they need a disc - in the CD slot - don't bother it's going to be 9 years out of date use something else, you're phone or a Garmin / TomTom etc

3) But if the lights above the rear door work then it's the speaker

And do yourself a favour - LPG it

Good luck matey!

Nev

Hi,

I don't know what you mean by bought it from Edinburgh or it being a ghost. I'm sure I'm the butt of some joke but I have no idea what or why.

I must say, I didn't notice the lights above the rear door and due to it failing the mot I'm not collecting it til tomorrow. I'll look at it in more detail then.

Thanks

Mike

It's only a Halloween reference pal, and a "jokey" thing that Grand Voyagers mostly seem to need life putting back into them at some point!

So sorry about any offence - none meant - and Welcome!

Rear park sensors only make a noise when they go red, and shut off the radio at the same point.

Edited by bignev

Yes no offence Mike. The thing is after you have been on here for so long and reading the faults that your car could have, or does have, you might end up with no hair after pulling it all out. Alternative that happens is they sell their car, buy another make, then in about a years time return to Voyager stables. So all I can say is your in good company here and there is very few faults that have not been remeded, remeided, remeided, on here.

The Voyager is exceptional for comfort, equipment, toys even. I can't think of another car I would buy. Good choice but you need it sorted.

No offence taken, I was just in the dark.

This is what I do.... Buy a car with a few faults, fix them and then sell it. It's never my intention, it just happens, and I never make money. I'll take a look into the parking sensors when I get it tomorrow. However, I don't remember seeing the display. Does that sat nav disc go in the dvd player slot or us there a drive elsewhere?

Thanks.