Hi Guys I Have A Problem.

Junglehead

Question

Hi guys

I've been happily drive the gv around now for some time problem free happy days, until today the dreaded engine management light comes on, so I've plugged in the code reader in and codes that have come up are p0237 turbo boost sensor A circuit low and p0069 manifold barometric pressure so before I do anything can anyone have shed some light on this, or is it just change sensors.?? (just in time for school holidays and we have booked a holiday and need the car :(  :( ) many thanks David

12 answers to this question

A very recent fault this one on here and we seem to have narrowed it down to the Turbo Actuator. What's happening is the actuator operates the waste gate on the turbo and whether the actuator diaphragm is goosed or the hose to it from boost side of turbo is blocked with carbon, the Waste Gate is not operating. So hence we have over boost on booting it, ECU operates the management light, power is reduced and code P0235/7 is recorded. P0069 is probably over boost pressure. Sounds too good to be true but hope it works for you. If not record your answer on here. I have same problem at moment but working on it is a problem. Mine started shutting down quite recently but a new boost/temp sensor sorted that out. The problem is getting an Actuator as their normally sold with a turbo.

Edited by gordy

post-935-0-85010900-1449103086.jpg

Above is the location of the sensor in question. it will be held in place with a cap head bolt.

Any sort of contact cleaner will do the job, but i recommend spraying onto your choice of cloth/rag and not directly ( unless its an electrical contact cleaner)

Also if you need: Link to a picture of the sensor http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-706862199-sensor-presso-map-bosch-0281002845-ducato-23-apos-09-iveco-_JM

Edited by ryden

Yes thats the sensor with the 4 wires atop engine. One is supply 5v. One earth. One boost pressure return. One temperature return. Must point out that Ryden's picture is a bit confusing as its showing sensor 6 as being down front of engine. Maybe different on the 2.8crd or later models though. We'll have a clearance on that one.

Yes that's it, clears it better with a picture Ryden. As too cleaning it, I cleaned mine in Diesel the last time then dried it off. However not long after it gave up the ghost. Got mine off fleebay, and using the Bosch part number it was advertised as being for another make. Price around £50. Taxi's use this engine and LDV..

Yes that's it, clears it better with a picture Ryden. As too cleaning it, I cleaned mine in Diesel the last time then dried it off. However not long after it gave up the ghost. Got mine off fleebay, and using the Bosch part number it was advertised as being for another make. Price around £50. Taxi's use this engine and LDV..

As above, same experience pretty much.

Also if it helps, my thread for roughly the same issue - http://www.chryslerforum.co.uk/topic/1067-hard-acceleration-causing-eml-to-come-on/
Edited by ryden