2006 Grand Voyager Uk Airbag Light Issues

VoyagerVirgin

I'm new so please excuse any breaches of protocol. My vehicle was purchased with the airbag (and I've only just realised that the book shows different lights for side air bag and airbag) light staying on. My light shows an airbag in front of the person so I'm assuming the bag it refers to is in front of either the driver or passenger. I've read through previous forum answers, and tried fiddling with the conveniently placed yellow connectors under the seats. I must say it went out for about 5 miles and then came back. Not sure if this was coincidence. I just spent another 30 minutes under the seats, but I failed. I did read about something in the wheel, is it easy to fix? Please be basic in the replies, I'm not very mechanical and am only trying to do it myself because I cannot afford a mechanic, all my money goes on fuel for the beast. Thank you in anticipation.. Gary.

hi when you drive along try your cruise control if it does not work it could be your clock spring which is on steering wheel 

had same problem on my 53 reg v6 grand wasnt clock spring just fiddled round with connecters under seat and drivers seat belt buckle

cured problem 

if clockspring faulty its not that expensive to fix 

troll through forum someone has replaced theirs

hope this helps