Gearbox Service 2.8Crd Auto

Dazandtrace

Question

Hi all

I thought it was about time to service the auto box. Well I have the transmission fluid. Yes it's +4. But the problem I'm having is getting the filter. Seems as it's a main dealer only at £63 . Has anyone else had this problem getting one from a motor factors

Thanks.

What actual happens is the computer tries to compensate for old knackered ATF+4 and of course for voodoo additions to the mix. Change it and the filter and even then the box has got to be retrained because the computer has changed the gearbox computer settings, and yes there is a setting in the diagnostic for retrain and quick-train [Andy only - I've got one] for it to instantly pick up the new values of the proper fluid.

Most mechs and I know hundreds will throw and old anything in your box and swear it was ATF+4, the only way you are ever sure is if you watch him actually pour the the pink stuff in. For those who have no diagnostics (1) battery disconnected for an hour after new fluid (2) battery connected start and go to a 70MPH road (3) gently bently constant medium throttle to 50 in 4th 20 miles stopping and doing the same routine 4 or more times each time on all 4 gears

(NOTE) I don't use kickdown or retrain kickdown but it should happen automatically over 45-50MPH under and over use of kickdown 25 needs retraining.

Don't know where all the info is coming from. The 41te trans has been around for a long time with obvious upgrades and refinements as timewent on. I replaced my fluid with comma mvatf. It's fully synthetic and works the finest. I've replaced the trans fluid as well. I change every 50k miles. No problems no shudder.