Flat car battery and now remote has lost its connection

chrisdavisberry

Question

Hi, 

I had a flat battery on my Chrsyler Grand Voyager 2.8 Diesil (2006). 

It wasnt totally flat but the alarm was sounding and would not disable when pressing the remote. 

I had to disconnect the battery to stop it. I then removed the battery to charge inside. 

After reconnecting the next day the alarm sounded but switched off when I put the key in the ignition and start the car. 

But the issue is that my key is not now synced.  I opnly have one key. 

NOTE

This did happen a few years ago when i had a battery drain. Eventually it resynced. I think by disconnecting the battery, charging and reconnecting - but i cant remember what steps resynced the remote. Althjough i think I may have had the key in the ignition when i reconnected the battery and possibly have double clicked the remote before starting the car... just a guess though really. 

I only have one remote/ one key. 

The car starts and runs fine. Just no remote which is a hassle. 

Does anyone have a recommendation about how to resync. I've search other posts and looked online but not found a solution that works yet. 

Currently the car battery is removed (has been for the last few hours)  and i'm hoping i can reset once reconnecting the battery. 

Any help is huigely appreciated. 

Thanks

Chris

image0.jpeg

Edited by chrisdavisberry
to add imag of key

3 answers to this question

Hi Chris!

If you've been lucky it will have stopped being an arse an started talking again, but if not, I was going to suggest removing the IOD Ignition Off Draw fuse, but on thinking about it, that has effectively been done by taking the battery off...... 

Let us know please!

Hi Nev, 

Sorry i missed your original reply. Thats for getting in touch. 

The issue is still going on and still no joy.  Reconeecting the battery made no difference. But i have no idea what sequence i need to foillow to resync the fob... even it the car was in a state to accept it. 

I tried removing the fuse you mentioned a couple of times... once for around 30 minutes and the next time for about 8 hours. 

The situation at the moment is every time i unlock the car (key in door) it sets the alarm off until i put the key in and start it. Then the alarm stops. 

I have no idea what the correct sequence/ key dance should be to get it to resync the fob. Ive tried various but I suspect ther eis one cmbination that works and ive just not found it. 

Any ideas would be really appreciated. 

Thanks again

Chris

Ah, I'm at a loss there, very odd.

I reckon you need a proper auto locksmith, and they could cut you a second key at the same time. If you have the one fob, get a second hand one off ebay or wherever and they can code it to the car at the same time, I had one done for ours years ago. They will need a code from Fiat Chrysler, so they have to be a good company.