Instrument Panel Bit Dodgy Any Advice Help Please

gerald2613

hy all ,just joined newbie so be gentle lol ,just bought a 2013 ypsilon with 21,000 miles drives very well, but the small instument pane which should show  date, mileage gear change shift etc, comes on when it wants to, and the pixels are rubbish. QUESTION,if i change the clocks console, with one from same year , will the mileage be the same or different, hope this makes sense ?? or can it be repaired,? any help advice  would help  thanks all on forum

Hi there and welcome!

Usually use the vehicle assistance sections for help, not everyone bothers to read all the sections!

I can't specifically vouch for yours, but most cars for quite a while now keep the vehicle mileage stored in the main brain, as it avoids any easy mileage fraud, old style clocking, on high mileage cars. And of course nowadays MOT test mileage is available to any one on several Internet car check sites. I had what I thought was a faulty clockset on an older voyager and when I swapped them the miles were correct for my car.