#1 Josboogz

Josboogz

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 01:43 PM

Hi All,

Took my Delta for a spin to the supermarket today; whilst in the lockdown it only gets a outing every couple of weeks.

Does anyone know the location of the relay and fuse for the driver side rear lights?

I noticed the right indicator rapid clicking sound of the relay when selected. I read that sometimes dust around the fuse box could be the cause so going to check this before ordering a new light unit.

Any ideas on best places to get a replacement light I know it’s going to be pricey at £150+ :(

Planning on fitting it myself.

#2 Deltamike

Deltamike

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNorwich

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:37 PM

Hi

Link to the fuse boxes diagrams for info:  https://www.autogeni...se-box-diagram/

Direction indicator fuse is F53 on the dash fuse board.  It's under the dash behind the glovebox, open it pull the 2 pins at the rear base inwards and unhook the support lever.

As it's one fuse if the other indicators are working then it's the light unit / LEDs that have failed, or maybe the connection.  Remove it & have a look, if you need a new lamp unit ebay is your best bet to keep costs down.  Fitting is a doddle, pull the the bit of inner trim out on that side in the boot & feel around for the 2 nuts holding the lamp unit in.  It's good to remove them now & again anyway to remove the crud that accumulates under the edges.

Edited by Deltamike, 07 June 2020 - 05:51 PM.

#3 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 08 June 2020 - 01:03 PM

Yep common problem. Once an LED goes its time for a new light unit. They are sealed units so unless you want to go to the trouble of breaking it open somehow (not even sure how) you'll need a replacement. On a brighter note - As per Mike they are a doddle to remove/change.

#4 Josboogz

Josboogz

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for the helpful comments. Will give the fuses a check on the weekend and report back.

I have found one online from Germany for £150 delivered.

Not seen anything on eBay, are they generally preowned? Any ideas the going rate on these Rear light units?

I think an old post is someone found one for £60 from Italy?

#5 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:12 AM

£150 is about right. Normally a fair few from Italy as long as they agree to send to the UK. I did manage to get a used one for around £75 from Germany but only because there is a very slight chip in the plastic at the very bottom. Still sealed and works perfectly though so I was happy. No issues since.

Jos are you in the UK? Always worth checking if we can source the Part number ordering via a Fiat Dealer. They will get anything as long as you have the Part number. I have used Grays in Warwick and Research in Nuneaton for this.

#6 Josboogz

Josboogz

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:42 PM

Thanks Nello, that’s helpful.

Yep I’m in Rugby, so will do a ring around and get a feel for the prices tomorrow and report back.
  • Nello likes this

#7 Josboogz

Josboogz

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 10:56 AM

Just to keep you posted Grays in Warwick and the other Fiat Dealers have a single light Unit at as £246.16 so shipping via Germany is the cheaper option at the moment

#8 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:01 AM

I'll keep my eye out for any Jos - did not realise you were so close to me! Midlands meet once COVID ends perhaps!

Edited by Nello, 15 June 2020 - 11:01 AM.

#9 Josboogz

Josboogz

Just Passed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:53 PM

Just went out to check the connections and the bolts holding the light in the boot and had a fiddle. Looks like a plastic type hex sleeve holding It on?

Checked it again and it’s working! Umm.. italian electronics! Will keep an eye out for a lamp as I am not holding much hope.

Will keep an eye out and see if it’s intermittent or as per deltamike said connection was loose?

Definitely up for delta meet Nello! Prelockdown did you normally drive on the leamington road towards Ryton? I always passed a grey delta on my way to work!

#10 Nello

Nello

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:13 AM

Yes there are just x2 Hex plastic bolts holding the whole thing on. Insert an Allen key and the light can be removed. There is only one connector - mind it doesn't fall out. Very easy and worth doing just to remove all the gunk that sits in the light edge. May be working now but once it starts to go I think you'll find it'll happen again. Its a common issue on the Delta.

Grey Delta not me - mines a white with black roof SR but I do go that way on occasion. I'm in Earlsdon not far from Warwick Uni. 

Edited by Nello, 16 June 2020 - 11:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users