Springs

James

Question

After buying a new rear tail light and some tyres, it appears I'm another victim of broken springs. Car failed MOT on a front left broken spring.

I know there have been topics of this before, and after asking around garages here, I can see my options are similar.

*Pay alot of money from a main dealer

*buy aftermarket ones which lower the car

*maybe buy a spare one off ebay

*or try the bravo springs

I have read that people on here have tried the bravo springs and they fit. Can I ask, how many of the people here have a 1.4 petrol and have tried the bravo 1.4 springs?

Do we know for sure that they fit.?

Hello guys,I have a Chrysler delta 1.6 Diesel multijet 120hp/88kw and I need to replace my front springs.

Reading some previous posts I can see I am not the only one struggling to find them.

Am I correct in saying I can buy the Fiat bravo ones as they fit 100% ok?

I have read this should fit ok:

https://m.autodoc.co.uk/kyb/7058056

Any opinion?

Can anyone confirm or suggest any other link where I can buy them?

Thank you

Bravo ones do fit. IIRC the part numbers for the KYB springs for Bravo are in this thread. What I would say is, depending on spec, your car may sit slightly higher. I have them on my 1.6 Multijet SR and that has been the case. However, it's only been a few weeks, so they may settle down with time. 

Bravo ones do fit. IIRC the part numbers for the KYB springs for Bravo are in this thread. What I would say is, depending on spec, your car may sit slightly higher. I have them on my 1.6 Multijet SR and that has been the case. However, it's only been a few weeks, so they may settle down with time.

New versus old, they will settle

New versus old, they will settle

On the old springs, speed humps needed to be approached with extreme caution and the front overhang was a bit of a problem on uneven ground, so I'm guessing they had settled a lot. Hoping the KYBs wont settle as much as the originals did.

Last time my car was in my mechanic said one of my fronts was cracked at the top so would fail the next MoT. I told them Bravo Springs were the same but they report otherwise in not all models. After having a look around I appear to be able to buy a complete set of dedicated lowered springs for the car for not much more than a single OE one so reckon I might go for that.......... Will let you know.

I've done a bit of research on KYB springs and there are several spring types. Firstly, nothing mentioned for Lancia Delta of our vintage, so over to the Bravo section, and there are two types of rear spring (sport and regular) and five fronts (sport regular plus varying engine weights to support)

1.4 base          Front      RH3906     Rear      RH6389

1.4 T-Jet                        RH3907                   RH6389    

1.4 T-Jet Sport              RH3910                   RH6437

1.6 Diesel                      RH3908                   RH6389

2.0 Diesel                      RH3909                   RH6437

Dampers are more straightforward and are in the Lancia section

Rears  all models                                            343826

Fronts  2.0 (1.9 twin turbo and 1750TB)         339786    

all 1.4 petrols and 1.6 diesels             339785

Spring prices on ebay start at £15 for the rears and £25 for the fronts

HTH

Edited by ForzaLancia

That's a big help. I have the KYB RH3908 on mine, I still think it looks too high at the front, but as it's a working car, I needed it sorted asap. I may look at changing them, depending on what else my MOT throws up next month. 

I have the found Eibach part numbers, which Autodoc list under Lancia Delta III as being for models with "sports suspension" 

1.4 Petrol Front: 113001201VA

1.4 Petrol Rear:  113001201HA

1.6, 1.9, 2.0 Diesel Front: 113001202VA

1.6, 1.9, 2.0 Diesel Rear:  113001201HA

Complete kit of lowering springs (30mm drop front and rear on standard car, but with the caveat that models with factory sports suspension may already be lowered to some degree)

1.6, 1.9, 2.0 Diesel: E10-49-002-02-22

1.8 Petrol: E10-49-002-02-22

ok guys same problem right front coil spring snapped on 1.6 120hp multijet diesel chryselr delta and trying to source front right coil and shock, looked on ebay and one seller only on Uk site chargeing £100 plus £25 shipping to ireland for coil. Bravo ones much cheaper and easier to source. Treat me like an idiot so bravo coil springs fit perfectly? do the shocks? Apologies once again just dont want to go ahead and order and tale of woe comes back from my mechanic who seems unsure. thanx in advance.