2007- Grand Voyager - Leaking Inside Cabin - Driver Side And Passenger Side

ziaulhaq

Question

Hi,

I am getting frustrated with this problem which I am facing for nearly two months. 

Carpets are getting wet and we noticed this mostly in rain. Area near hood release lever (right of accelerator where shape curve around wheel), and then make puddle around front seating carpet. Passenger side is not as wet as driver side.

I googled alot and most website with some solution are in US models. that's what I did so far.

Windows wiper shield was removed to check drainage and drain hoses, all was already cleared, poured some water and water drained alright.

Now 2nd things I found on these US made videos and sites were about AC drain (HVAC) I couldn't find this drain so far which supposed to be located near firewal?

where UK 2007 model have this AC drain?

As I said carpets starts getting wet mostly in rain. I checked underneath car near wheel and can see alot of wetness there, but maybe it's due to rain.

Any garage near Manchester area who knows fix, I may visit and get it checked.

Please give any suggestion/ advice.

Mant Thanks.

Zee

3 answers to this question

Hi there it takes 10 minitues to remove the lower dash area where the steering wheel is. Bottom panel, romove all screws visible then pull bottom panel off. Remove more screws and remove more panels. Get a torch and look to see if there is a rubber gromit in place blocking a hole. Open the bonet and look right into the corner. If the gromit is not there you will be able to see inside your car. Get some silicone to block this hole.