Left Manifold drilled out to M12

Jamie

Question

Good morning 

I have recently bought a Chrysler ypilson, there were various coolant issues with the car, I have since replaced everything to do with the coolant system, radiator, all Pipes, thermostat, water pump.

I since discovered where someone has previously most likely had trouble getting the exhaust manifold off and possibly a thread damaged, they have drilled it out to M12, probably messed up M8, then M10 so went to M12, it looks like they have drilled into the water jacket, as there is steam hissing through that bolt, I guess because we fixed all other leaks that’s is now the only ejection point.

I am a CNC engineer working with metal, I have an idea how to fix it, before I do I want to asses the internal damage, I can put some inspection sealing rubber in there called plastiform, when you take it out you can take measurements from it and assess the internal damage, I also have a micro endoscope.

my question is does anyone have a .stp file of the engine, or of the top end.

I can scan the mould and then place it on the model where the original bolt should have been to see if it hasn’t done any further damage.

Might add the individual who did this is a compete cowboy, whoever and wherever that guy is lol 

thank you 

jamie 

F13BBF9B-85C6-4670-84E8-17D61C7E7C91.png

6DD2FD66-F009-4AFD-8C15-5646C06837CC.png

83FDECBE-4C42-4402-BE1F-7E2C9512DFD8.png

43485057-A690-4937-8751-14D3031EA451.png

EF19F2C7-D503-4FBF-AF79-F6040E64516F.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet