Crysler Sat Nav

rmcarter141966

Question

Hi everyone I hope somebody can help me. I have just purchased a crysler delta car but I cannot fathom out how to operate the sat nav. The sat nav seems it's permanently positioned in Wales near the nervous. I have put my address in to the sat nav saved it and ok this information it then starts to configure the calculations of the new data input it stops gives to the map and low and behold its Wales and the nervous again and again and again. Can anyone help me please.

Kind regards

5 answers to this question

Hi and welcome to the (Italian) fold :P

I don't have the factory fit unit to be able to tell you how to reset it unfortunately. I have the one made for the Italian market which is basically an Android tablet.

I think Rossocorsa has the factory Nav though as he has the 2.0 Limited... I'm sure he'll be along shortly.

One thing that I can think of from the top of my head is that you need to change the country to England or Scotland as a lot of units differentiate between Wales, Scotland and England. 

Not sure what to think about that! It should find where you are fairly quickly and show on screen, I will need to have a look when I'm next in the car if there's anything in the settings that could cause this. Afaik it's not bothered what country you are in and it has whole Europe maps Edited by Rossocorsa

Thanks for your help. I did put Scotland into the sat nav with my town and street destination this I confirmed and saved and then pressed ok. Well guess what the Brecon becons here I come again. I deleted all original destinations on the sat nav but to no avail. I even changed the longitude and latitude to Perth and saved it. But yet again was turning here I come ha . Ha ha.

have thought about this and can't think why this is happening, as a last measure I would try disconnecting the battery ( the car equivalent of 'have you turned it off and on again'). To do this open the bonnet then lock the car manually with the key, leave it for about ten minutes to let all the electronics close down (this probably isn't necessary just a precaution) then disconnect the battery and leave for a few minutes. Reconnect  then start the car, don't worry about the error messages that come up it's just everything rebooting, to reset the electric steering turn the steering wheel full lock in both directions,

As always follow advice on here at your own peril and bear in mind that I am in no way a qualified mechanic!!

Anyway if you try it I really hope it clears the issue

Edited by Rossocorsa