Help please, my 2008 2.8CRD will start and tick over but wont rev above 2000 RPM without coughing, misfiring and smoking

Kennyboy1962

Question

Hi guys, I have been having a real issue with our CGV 2.8 CRD, she will start and tick over but as soon as I put my foot down it starts to cough and misfire and won't rev over 2000 RPM.

I have changed the Mass Air Flow Sensor, made no difference, I was told by the RAC man that it sounded like one of the injectors was not working so took them out and had then tested, all good, I called out someone who ran a diagnostic and said it was the throttle body, so changed that and the EGR valve, no change.

If anyone can help I would be very, it's the wife's car and she needs it for the kids.

Edited by Kennyboy1962
to add video

2 answers to this question

I believe this is a fuel pump issue. The pump unable to  deliver high pressure fuel to the rail. Reason is worn out   stainless  small  steel  roller balls that get stuck in conic channels as pump rotates. Get 4 New balls, exchange them yourself and problem solved.