Voyager 2.5 TDi SE Y Reg ( 99 model ), Front coil springs

JIH

Question

Am in the process of getting the above vehicle back on the road after some years of it being uncared for.

Whilst doing numerous other jobs I found the front offside front coil spring was broken. lot of chasing around but managed to buy a front set of springs as obviousley the nearside one is of the same age. Turns out that these springs are intentionally made different lengths. Thinking it through, I figured that the long spring fits the offside based on the engine being fitted more over to that side and the fact that for a lot of the time vehicles only carry one person ( the driver ), therefore there is a weight imbalance. Having removed the front struts and compared them side by side the longer spring is fitted on the nearside. So now am a little confused. Is there anyone who can confirm that the longer spring should actually be fitted on the nearside strut.

Have checked the workshop manual and as far as I can see it only mentions that the springs are different not which one is which.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet