New Member Delta Sr 1.4 Multiair

Dido

Question

Hi guys,

Nice to find such a helpful group

I got my Delta with 11k miles on the clock from Dealer (Chris Variava in Nottingham) it is the 2tone white with matt black roof.

Issues:

Start stop wont work, dealer had to recharge battery with no success.

Too low click click indicator sound

Big one: a grinding sound on pull off, clutch release fauly had to change cluch disc under warranty.

A loud knocking on steering on high speed when fully loaded, rear axle push had to be adjusted.

A particularly loud wind noise if driving with rear windows open at 70or above /did any of you notice that?

All of that in less than 12 month, given the milage i think it was probably hammered by previous owner, any idea how to check for hidden history. Dealed just say they got it part exchange!

Now on my first MOT and year 4 service. Dealer auoting whopping £450 for service!

Any idea re a cheaper service. I tried Paul at Birmingham but was wondering if i can get someone around Derby and Nottingham

I still got the Chrysler badges as i didnt have time amidst this fot rebadging!

Is the multi air engine odd regarding which oil to use to make a standard service an issue

Waiting for your help and opinions

Cheers!

7 answers to this question

Make sure engine oil spec matches fiat recommendations as you could have problems otherwise, for servicing I would recommend finding a reliable local independent and buying the required parts from www.shop4parts.co.uk who supply original fiat parts at much lower than dealer prices, you should just about halve your service bill.

Just cleared my secondary MOT (11reg) with flying colours no issues with break pads.

Dealer diagnosed a clicking sound at front as drive shaft. Will negotiate with warranty.

Any experience with Chrysler customer services, any hints advices, tricks or tips?! ;)

Good luck with Chrysler CS lol, if they're anything like Fiat or Alfa you'll need it!

Surely the warranty company if independent from FCA will be the only people other than the dealer that you'll use to fix it?

I tend to stay well away from the main dealers these days and stick with independent Fiat/Alfa/Lancia service places. I'm not sure which side of Derby you are but I use Peak Alfa:

http://www.peakalfa.co.uk/

Hi Dido and welcome. I have the same 1.4 SR MultiAir - White with Matt black roof. 

No issues at all with mine and we've just clocked 40k. 

As per Alan - the indicators are all quiet. My Stop/Start has ceased functioning but if you look on the other thread on here re:Batteries - you will need a new one to get it going again.

If Paul at Birmingham you mean Motor-mech - I'd stick with him - its worth the travel. I have used Paul for years on all my Italians.

I never go near Main dealers now of any kind.

Selenia or Petronas will be the preferred Fiat group lubricant but any decent semi-synthetic should do it. Nothing special required but stay quality as opposed to supermarket IMO.