Overhead Trip Display.

KenV6

Question

Hi

I am new to the forum and was hoping someone could give me some advice. I have a 2002 Grand Voyager ltd 3.3 petrol. I have had it about a month and I am converted great car but it has one problem the trip computer overhead display does not light up. I believe  its is a EVIC type as it has a menu button I have picked up this info from a forum in the USA and I also believe the display can be turned off which I am hoping is the problem but I can't work out how to turn it on. If it is any help the Chrysler part number for the unit is 5016281AB I have taken the console down and had a look but everything seems connected. Everything else in the roof console works fine, interior lights and electric doors etc. As I say I am over the moon with the car and definitely a Chrysler convert it certainly ticks all the boxes. I would really appreciate any help.

Look forward to your replies

Ken

5 answers to this question

try turning your lights on and turn the wheel controller next light switch on full 

it does go dark if lights are on and the wheeled controller is not turned up to turn dash lights as well

the right hand button changes the display 

Thanks for the reply. I gave it a go but no joy.

Hi Thanks for the reply. Yes I have looked at the manual but it tells you it turns off but not how to turn it 0n. I would think you just press the menu button that makes no difference so I am thinking maybe the display has packed up so looking around for a second hand unit. I did get one  but turned out to be the wrong one so I will keep trying but please keep any ideas coming.

Thanks again

Ken