Homologation - Experience Of A Uk Ex-Pat Getting A Voyager With A Colourful History Registered In France

LaurieR

If anyone is ever considering taking a any car to France and reregistering it there, please think very carefully. My wife and I have dined out on several occasions on our experience! If you think the bureaucracy in this country is bad, just try getting anything official done in France! Makes our systems feel like a walk in the park!

I'm a newbie here, bought a LHD 2005 Voyager CRD .8 automatic for £3,500 from man with an address in Baghdad, who had bought the car in Rotterdam on Dutch plates and driven it to London. Weve taken it france and reregstered it. We live in Surrey and commute to Toulouse where the car is in long-term carpark. A few niggles to sort out such as passenger window motor, back tailgate and dielsel glowplugs, but on the whole very pleased with it.

If anyone fancies a holiday in South of France with use of the Chrysler thrown in, then let me know.

Laurie

Edited by LaurieR