Radio Volums

Hardy

Question

I have a 2005 2.8crd stow and go. When engine is on the radio volume from time to time goes to zero. I also have a electric drivers seat issue in that it doesn't work. Are these connected. When engine is off radio volume is ok and seems to work fine

6 answers to this question

Hi there,

Yes you're right those two are connected. You'll probably have the model with the stored settings option, on the driver door have you got a 1 and 2 selector button (and a middle one I think unmarked?). This is for storing and recalling settings which will alter the seat position, height, etc, and also set the radio channels to your own preference. The idea is that you can have multiple fobs and drivers and set their own preferences each time you get in the car.

Now to your problem, these are sometimes a little buggy (My previous GV had this issue occasionally), and there are a few reasons for it. The first is the obvious one, is the battery low? Do you get the gauge sweep when you turn the ignition on regularly? This is when the battery is low and/or not holding charge as well as it should and might indicate a dodgy battery. Charge it up with a normal car charger and see if the issue goes away (or goes away for a while).

The other thing to do is to re-enter your settings and store them under option 1 on the seat memory. That way it'll set the settings back into the ECU and sometimes that will sort it out (I believe it can have a corrupted entry in there if you've had previous power issues, ECU issues, etc). I'm not 100% on the setting procedure, i'll dig it out in the manual next time I get a chance but if yours is handy take a look in there, it's fairly straight forward.

with key on

set radio to what and how loud

set seat and mirrors

press the middle button S untill beep

then press 1 untill beep if you press a button on remote on key then each time you open with that key it will all move to that

then if you have a key remote for another person open door and set there setting up and do same and then there setting will set when the other key used

Ok I have since posting the original post discovered that when the car is park the radio will work fine but the electric seat will not work. When in drive a message flashes up to say 'me memory disabled as not in park'. So when driving the music from time to time goes off and u have to turn the volume know to get any sound.

During this whole process the seat still does not work. So it could either be that the seat motor is faulty or if such a thing, the memory module is faulty.

Veneer though not a major issue it would b nice to know what the issue is.

Many thanks

Hi Hardy- Did you get a solution- My  2.8 CRD 2005 has just done the same thing- last weekend- I wonder is it the modulator under the seat which is faulty or did you find a different solution- Please let me know