Engine Problem /voyager 2.4 2001/.

vkirov

Question

Hello!  

I am from Bulgaria, I have a Chrysler Voyager 2.4 2001 /2001-2003/ RG, petrol, manual gearbox. 

Recently I had a huge problem, my oil pump broke down and the engine is gone now. 

I'm trying to find a new engine from UK, there is one in eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251953146786), but it is from the 2004 model

and I'm not sure whether it would be applicable to my car / there are some differences in the sensors /.

I found and another one, from this ad: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201346846998

They have an engine and they want me to call them. 

My English is not so good and I can not call them and they do not want to give me more information by ebay messages.

I have a carrier in London and just need to be delivered there, and they will deliver it to me.

Please, if anyone sells such engine or can help me finding it, I would be very, very grateful to help me.

Here in Bulgaria, this engine is not available for this model.

Thank you very much! 

Vladimir.

1 answer to this question

I have a little update with information from the United States, it may be useful for someone else:

"These engines are not compatible. During the 2003 model year there was a chance from the older SBEC type engine controller to the later NGC type. The NGC engine wouldn't run in your SBEC vehicle.

A 2001 or 2002 engine would directly interchange. An early 2003 would but a late 2003 would be NGC. In short, a 2001 through 2003 engine with the crank sensor in the same location as yours will work in your 2001 van."