Grand Voyager 2.5Td Gear Shift Cable

peterkwb

Can anyone help me find this part (long discontinued by Chrysler, obviously because it was a frequent problem).  The gear linkage cable on my Grand Voyager 2.5TD manual broke a few months ago.  After much searching I found a replacement from a car breaker in Lithuania.  This lasted about 3 weeks until that too broke- it was a horrible old looking one so I was not very surprised.  Now I can't find another one anywhere and I have a really low mileage vehicle which can't be used.  Also it's a Gowrings conversion for a large wheelchair so now I am unable to transport my wife to any hospital appointments or anywhere else for that matter so it's a big problem.

The car was registered July 2001 so it's right on the cusp of Mk.III and Mk.IV but I think it actually is a very late Mk.III because it has the old style front grille- probably the fact it is a disabled conversion with lowering suspension, ramp, winch etc. could have meant it was first registered quite a while after manufacture.

The cable I need is the one with the white plastic rose joint thing which pivots and swivels to move the gear selectors.