Frightening Occurence Of Cutting Out [Electrics]

brit644

Question

Three times this week with no warning

Just got oil changed. About an hr later while at traffic lights all dashboard disappeared...Happened to be looking as the dials as they went to zero, plus any illumination went also.

Then yesterday same happened while driving then again today while sat idling

Car runs great, had all the filters inc fuel changed maybe 200 miles past.

Thing is it doesnt stop running, wellI think not,  theres a slight loss of revs but it recovers so fast I cant tell if its stalled

Worrying as have a 200 mile journey tomorrow [aid worker... not hols] with time constraints.....

Strange thing..heart in mouth for a second, but of course has you straring at the dash constantly...

Anyone else experineced this or heard the like???

Thanks

K

2 answers to this question

Well its interesting to know that it happens with other cars as well. There's a bit unclarity with your writing as you say it does't stop so is this a loss of power  fault. Well anyway I'll add MAP as this  when faulty either drops power when asking for it. Or shuts engine down. Take it out of engine, sits right on top. Normally caked in the black stuff, but how much black stuff can make it fail. 

iTS A strange one. Happened couple years ago while driving to Spain. Steep downhill gradient, just happened to be looking at dash to watch my speed [plenty cops around] and went blank, rev/speed counter to zero then just as quickly returned to normal. Happened once more on return trip but not since...[2 yrs] until last week....