Delta Gearknob

stuartmunn

Question

7 answers to this question

No idea but I don't find the Delta one uncomfy at all, do you grasp it? I don't think it's designed to be grasped! Push forward with palm on flat face pull back by hooking fingers over the top similar actions to move left or right. Beta berlinas and many other lancia had a similar shape Edited by Rossocorsa

I agree its not the most comfortable Gearknob to grasp but as Rosso mentions its probably they way its held. I find wrapping the palm around the nearside with your thumb over the top best.

I like originality in things like this though so will stick with mine. Don't think a knob would be a shared part between companies - just whatever makes its unique to the car - I'm sure they are more or less a standard fitment though but I suppose you need to bear in mind the lift-up to reverse mech. Early 1500 X1/9's had what was referred to as a 'Paddle' for a gearknob which was universally unliked but as per the Deltas it was beacause of the way it was held that made it uncomfy....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/FiatX19Interior.jpg

Edited by Nello

I thought I was on the wrong forum for a minute with all this talk about how you grasp your knob! :lol:

On a more serious note that first pic looks very much like the gear assembly in the Vauxhall Astra H & J (2005 onwards) ... I replaced the whole assembly in mine when converting it into an OPC.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/vauxhallvx220/DSCN0905.jpg