Looking At Buying A 53 Plate With 124000 Miles Are There Any Things I Should Be Looking Out For?

Fcm2015

Question

Hi I wonder if any one can offer me some advice on a car I have seen. are there any items I should pay attention  to when looking around the car. I am aware that the drives elec window is not working and also that the sliding door on the passenger side does not close when you use the key fob. other than that it looked like a good car?

3 answers to this question

you dont say what engine and model 

the window could be that it needs new brushes in the motor you mite get away with just a clean it is a easy job to do 

i sanded down a set of hoover brushes and have worked great for nearly a year so far

the door if it dosent work form the buttons as well at times 

there is a wire carrier that looks like a chain these wires are for door motor and locking system one or more of these wires could be partly broken cut and add a new piece wire and replace theres plugs just behind seat belt cover and another on the door 

if auto check that it goes smoothly into and out off each gear 3.3 does wine abit  

parts ebay and euro parts are quite good

thanks for

you dont say what engine and model 

the window could be that it needs new brushes in the motor you mite get away with just a clean it is a easy job to do 

i sanded down a set of hoover brushes and have worked great for nearly a year so far

the door if it dosent work form the buttons as well at times 

there is a wire carrier that looks like a chain these wires are for door motor and locking system one or more of these wires could be partly broken cut and add a new piece wire and replace theres plugs just behind seat belt cover and another on the door 

if auto check that it goes smoothly into and out off each gear 3.3 does wine abit  

parts ebay and euro parts are quite good

thanks for the feed back it is an auto 3.3 v6?

i got 03 plate 3.3 

i LPG it paying 16p per mile instead of 29p per mile on just petrol works really well ok cost £1000 to have fitted 

but paid for it self in 9 months 

unles you got service history to tell you when it was last done i would do all filters change including auto box filter and remember to only buy ATF+4 oil to go in it about £35 on ebay for 5lt

if you can afford it try and go for a 05 plate with stow and go seats but the 53 the middle seats will fit in the boot and will give you enough room to fit a 5 foot sofa inside without moving the rear bench seat