Bravo Parts

Nello

Question

Gents - I'm sure this will be the case but am I right in thinking I can get Service parts for my 1.4 Multiair - Ones sold for the Fiat Bravo will be the same part?

Appears for some reason Filters etc. always seem to be double the price when sold for a Chrysler but its the identical part.

11 answers to this question

Changed both the Pollen and Air Filters today. Pain in the butt both jobs TBH. The Pollen filter is extracted by removing the panel that blows heater air in to the drivers footwell. You then slide off the side plate to the rear of the heater and allegedly slide the old one out. What they don't tell you is the Steering column and pedals are completely in the way. There is no possible way of removing and adding the replacement Pollen Filter without bending and twisting it in to position. I ended up cable-tying the clutch pedal to the floor to help make a small amount of room.

The Air Filter is no easier - You need to jack up the car (yes really) and unscrew the splash panel from under the offside. You can then access two of the three screws that hold the bottom of the filter housing but to get to the third you need to unscrew the front offside wheel arch liner - ideally remove the wheel also but I got away with just making a full right hand lock on the wheel - then slide your hand and spanner in to remove the third. The bottom of the filter box then comes off and you can replace. You will scrape the back of you hands on the wheel arch though. Not enjoyable either job.

That's why I got my local independent to do my service ( I bought the parts), modern cars are designed to be serviced on a ramp it's just too much of a pain in the butt to DIY these days with engine trays etc......

I still tinker with the old car though, just been bolting up the supercharger properly on the engine today a real fiddly job but at least it's on an engine stand.

Edited by Rossocorsa

What a pain in the a$$ that all sounds... Alfa's are no better to be fair and in most cases you usually end up breaking something else!

I'm going to try Peak Alfa when mines due an MOT and service.... as he's a really good Indie and doesn't make up issues that aren't there like most stealers.