Grand Voyager Crd Driver Door Window Motor

kalkbay

Question

5 answers to this question

My motor failed about 6 months ago. I removed the door panel and the plastic lining inside to gain access to the assembly.

The electric motor on mine is part of the regulator assembly and I discovered it to be not a part that could be obtained separately.

A sharp tap with a plastic hammer unseized it. It's been working ever since.

I changed ours a couple of years ago, also drivers side, got the whole assembly, a bit fiddly but not as much of a nightmare as I thought it was going to be. Folding the thing to get it out / back in was wierd for me as I'd never done one before, but once I figured which way it would work in it was pretty ok.

As per usual they are still on ebay for not bad money!

As they are not Mopar the motor probably wouldn't swap over if you tried to make it a smaller job, most likely end up a bigger effort than doing the whole thing.!!

Good Morning,

I appreciate the replies I have received, tried the hammer on the Motor, worked for 2 days then quit !!!  If anyone has changed the actual Motor without fitting the whole assembly I would like to know  - can the motor itself be removed and a replacement fitted ?  Most on ebay seem to be the Passenger side, its obvious the Driver side gets all the wear !

Cheers,

Dave