Delta Brakes

Nello

Question

Anyone done their Discs/Pads yet? Mine still have the OE factory ones but I've booked my car in for its MoT in a couple of weeks and I think they will need replacing for the first time. Pretty sure they are just the same as the Bravo's...........

Anyone know which nuts to remove etc? Had to have the cambelt done on my Coupe and the X1/9 is ready to go back on the road so I've already spent enough at my mates garage!

15 answers to this question

Anyone done their Discs/Pads yet? Mine still have the OE factory ones but I've booked my car in for its MoT in a couple of weeks and I think they will need replacing for the first time. Pretty sure they are just the same as the Bravo's...........

Anyone know which nuts to remove etc? Had to have the cambelt done on my Coupe and the X1/9 is ready to go back on the road so I've already spent enough at my mates garage!

Hi,

I think it is not actual, but if still, I replaced my Bravo front brake discs and pads and made photos, If U want, I can upload.

Hi All, I have a 2011 1.6 Delta SR diesel, ex-Fiat car bought with 4300 miles in June 2012. I changed my front discs and pads for Brembo in March this year, initially I had the wrong discs delivered, they were taller but thinner, luckily they were a perfect fit for my neighbour's Fiat Bravo. The new discs and pads whistle quite loudly at times but are amazing at stopping the car. Needs a service now but the car has been incredibly reliable, I've made 2 trips to Italy including a return leg from Austria thru Germany, Holland, Belgium and France in 11 hours with a fully loaded boot!! Apart from brakes and normal servicing I changed 2 tyres last October at 34k miles, Obviously I've re-badged as a Lancia, I have the Lancia steering wheel boss to change and Delta door sill to do!! 

ORDER DATE

07 Mar, 2015

ORDER TOTAL

£31.06

See description

1 item sold byred..line

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/331377238065-0-0/s-l140.jpg

Brembo Front Brake Pads Genuine OE Quality Braking Service Replacement Part

( 331377238065 )

ORDER DATE

14 Jan, 2015

ORDER TOTAL

£29.85

See description

1 item sold byred..line

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/291293848395-0-0/s-l140.jpg

Brembo Front Brake Discs Pair Genuine OE Quality Service Part

( 291293848395 )

Hi Nello, 

The badge was removed shortly after the photo was taken. I didn't remove the front bumper, I managed to get to the grille by just undoing the top bolts, lost half the skin on my hands though. I've got a Lancia steering wheel boss to fit, there's a guy in Naples selling an engine cover that I've got my eye on but the guy won't respond to emails! Would be nice to get some Lancia headrests.

Anyone in the forum tuned the 1.6D? I've looked into it and so far I can get the exhaust de-catted and a re-map for about £600, I'm currently running a D-Box Tuning Chip from Italy, (Speedup.it) but the low down revs are poor.

See ya!

post-652-0-49190600-1434089727_thumb.jpg 

Hi Vincey and welcome to the forum fella!

I run a DTUK tuning box on my 1.6 with 3 different maps available plus you can plus or minus each map up to 30%.I haven't bothered with EGR blanking or DPF removal as now the MOT rules have changed they check on diagnostics that the EGR is still functioning and shows varying parameters when the throttle is open. They will also do a visual inspection for the DPF too.

There is software out there that will fake a working EGR even when removed, plus you can have the DPF cut out of the outer skin and welded back up so it's still visibly present, but in reality it's a lot of hassle for very little extra gain.

Hi Vincey and chiao from Italy!

Yes the DTUK boxes are great and usually put out more than the website suggests. I have personally known Andrew the owner since they started and have had many boxes over the years.

The latest digital ones are great and have 3 maps to choose from at the touch of a button. I haven't had this on a dyno yet so don't know for sure the output or torque curve. From a driving perspective the car is more responsive and certainly drives more like the 1.9. Personally I think the map is too generic for this application as the engine is used in many cars from Vauxhall Corsa to Alfa Mito etc etc, so could be improved if you say compare to a remap done on a live car.