New

Pauloouk

Hi guys, nice to meet you all .. I have a problem with my 2000 2.5 td .. My cars been on drive way now a few years. Had new gear box and clutch, but the problem I have is when I was driving the car started to overheat, I stopped straight away, pop the bonet to find oil coming from my overflow tank on my rad , got towed home , when looking into it oil had got into the whole water system?? But no water in the engine?? Any ideas !!! Many thanks paul Edited by Pauloouk

Thanks penguin

So even tho the oil in the engine is water free still head gasket !! Was also told it could be the turbo or the washer between engine and oil pump gone, as the oil pump is water cooled ? But I am thinking head gasket ...

Edited by Pauloouk

Hi Paulook

Any (shaken / stirred / whizzed) water in any oil = emulsion....

Try

To olive oil (or any variant in the kitchen) add some water and blitz with a (hand / machine) whisk. = emulsion....

-> Salad cream (if you use vinegar, and eggs as well), stabilisers are used in commercial products.

Cooling

Don't know about the major details of oil pump cooling, but as it is contained in the engine, heat must radiate from the working oil through the engine casing, sump and oil filter. As well as the cooling effects of the water jacket around the engine as well.

Just a point of info ... is the engine oil coming out of the dip stick hole? or the engine filler hole?

If so, it could it be over filled?

to find oil coming from my overflow tank on my rad is probably as first diagnosed

P