Changing Front Stabiliser (Anti Roll Bar) Bushes.

bbcobmike

Question

post-1894-0-96820500-1582653508_thumb.jpgHow do you change the front anti roll bar bushes on a 2012 ypsilon?

I've got the roll bar disconnected from drop links and unscrewed the bush housing from underneath. I had hoped the roll bar could be wiggled out but it seems impossible without dropping the sub frame.

The bush is contained in a round metal hoop with flat metal bottom which sits on the sub frame,  Do these two metal parts separate? If they did I can see the rubber can be changed. Mine seem stuck together but if you folk say they do separate I'll apply more force!

Thanks

Edited by bbcobmike

1 answer to this question

http://cdn.chryslerforum.co.uk/public/style_images/defraction/attachicon.gifroll bar bush.jpgHow do you change the front anti roll bar bushes on a 2012 ypsilon?

I've got the roll bar disconnected from drop links and unscrewed the bush housing from underneath. I had hoped the roll bar could be wiggled out but it seems impossible without dropping the sub frame.

The bush is contained in a round metal hoop with flat metal bottom which sits on the sub frame,  Do these two metal parts separate? If they did I can see the rubber can be changed. Mine seem stuck together but if you folk say they do separate I'll apply more force!

Thanks

I can add the following information.

Indeed to replace the roll bar complete it is necessary to drop the subframe. I was quoted 3 hours for the job by a Fiat dealer.

I intend to do the job myself and luckily have found a new roll bar for sale in a garage clear out in France for only £50

I am finding the fiat eper parts software  is poor compared with other manufacturers especially with cross referencing to other Fiat models which is esential.

Latest example is for a clutch pedal position switch. If you dial up the ypsilon drawings on the eper you will not find it shown or listed anywhere.

However it is the same as used on the Fiat500. 

I really like my Ypsilon 1.3 diesel and after 50k miles it is still like new. Fiat dealers in my area are not very impressive and I have yet to find any independent place that knows the Ypsilon.