Bonnet Struts

MikeyRules

Question

15 answers to this question

No Mike but bizzarely when we went to look at mine the bonnet 'latch' was missing for some reason. The dealer replaced before I collected the car but when I took the front bumper off to fit the Lancia Grille I found the original latch wedged between the bumper and splashguard/undertray somehow?! 

for the amount of times i actually look under the bonnet I don't really see it as a hardship, now the lack of a washer bottle low level warning light I find massively irritating especially when they see fit to provide only semi necessary tech like auto wipers, auto lights and a hill holder that hardly ever actually works!  

sunglasses holder is a nice touch but TBH when I got it I thought oh! nice touch! but actually have never used it

Edited by Rossocorsa

Honestly of it didn't say it has it I wouldn't even realise it has hill holder fitted! I always drive in a traditional manner as the hill holder only sends to operate if I really stomp on the brake pedal and as it's meant for fairly step junctions I never find I need to brake like that to stop due to the slope pulling you back anyway

for the amount of times i actually look under the bonnet I don't really see it as a hardship, now the lack of a washer bottle low level warning light I find massively irritating especially when they see fit to provide only semi necessary tech like auto wipers, auto lights and a hill holder that hardly ever actually works!  

sunglasses holder is a nice touch but TBH when I got it I thought oh! nice touch! but actually have never used it

Well I'm under there all the time... ;) so we'll agree to disagree

Yeah my hill holder works great and comes on all the time, and was the same on all my Alfa's. I don't have auto lights or wipers but again on the TI's it worked well enough... The lack of low washer bottle warning is the same across the whole group and something most people complain about...and is irritating if you don't go under your bonnet often Rosso! :lol:

Mine activates even on my drive which is not that steep..................

Just checked the manual and it should activate on a gradient that is 'higher than 5%' ............whatever that means 

Edited by Nello

It's a mystery the hill holder, my car shows no errors on multiecuscan but honestly you certainly wouldn't notice it even when I was up in the lakes where there are plenty of steep gradients I can't say that I had any faith in it. They always used to fit washer bottle level wotsits (my dedra and nouva delta hpe had one) so why they stopped is a mystery

Edited by Rossocorsa

Back to the original issue I think that the problem with the delta is that it's a cheap car made expensive, they penny pinched in some areas and used too many bravo bits which in turn are from the lacklustre stilo. They really went to town on the outside so it's a shame they didn't spend more on the details, the VW group know how to do this properly an Audi appears properly posh but still is only a skoda underneath with the delta you absolutely know it's really a fiat. Great value second hand though!

I wouldn't have bought one if it hadn't been for the great used prices these go for. I still can't believe what a bargain it was, and is a lot of car for the money.

I was after another Alfa GT, but £7.5 - 8k would have only got me a 2008 car with 40-50k on the clock, so the Delta won.