Door Part Question

Rich

Question

Hi!

I had a plastic part which holds the cable for the electric sliding doors break this week.

The main stealer wants £450 + VAT for the entire part inc metal arm as they don't list just the plastic part.

Does anyone know if this part is also used on the 4th generation, as I may be able to get one from a scrappy?

Alternatively does anyone know of a 5th gen being broken anywhere?

Or do you know of a spares place that might just sell the plastic part?

Otherwise I might just try and glue the three bits together!

Thanks in advance!

Rich

post-2089-0-03264500-1582124059_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

There have been quite a few requests for this part, and, as near as I can tell they are not available as a separate item.

One thing to note is that they are handed - and, for any one reading this, especially older vehicles, they are absolutely not supposed to move or rotate in any way.

There is a locating pin that seats the moulding into the lower steel sliding arm and if you look at the actual moulding, there are recesses so it clears the two nuts that fix the "hold open" latch to the same arm.

The central bolt comes undone, the black moulding starts to rotate, breaking the pin and then destroys itself on these nuts.

I have two of these and on both of them had failures.

post-3693-0-04656700-1616011941_thumb.jpgpost-3693-0-65361300-1616011954_thumb.jpgRich Mine also broke to two pieces.  I super glued it and it is just fine.  Unfortunately the plastic Pulley wheel inside the motor also got mangled and I found on ebay someone in Lavtiva breaking an identical car.  I got the entire rail, motor, cables  (the lot)  ALL cleaned and delivered for £75 + £30 postage.   Just installed it and it is as good as gold.  If you are looking in ebay just make sure you are getting the correct side.  Not sure if that makes a difference with the plastic bit but you may as well get the correct side just in case.

PS:  My two bit one that I repaired is sitting in front of me doing nothing.  IF you still need it I can post it to you for free mate.
Just contact me via email or forum and I will be happy to help

It's a bit late in the day but these are available and they are not expensive. I have also modelled these and had them 3d printed in Nylon.  Only problem was that it cost around $50.00 AUS to get it done.

This is an old post but if there is any interest I will dig out the information

Coxy

Oh, just in case I disappear, the company hat was offering the part converts the Town and Country to wheelchair accessible in the states.