2005 Voyager 2.5 Crd Transmission Removal. Trow Out Or Input Shaft Bearing.

imtattoo80

Question

Hi. 

My Voyager Manual transmission has slight knocking noise. If clutch is pressed down then it goes away. If i google then i find different info. Non of it what i found wasnt about Chrysler Voyager..all was about other makes.Half says that it is Throw Out Bearing and half says that Input Shaft Bearing.

I know that Transmission must come off to find out ,,but is it easy to get it out. Is there something that needs more attention?  

Just 2 weeks ago i replaced Steering rack and now this transmission noise starts getting on my nerves.  Can anyone tell me roughly price for Input Shaft Bearing.  Cant find it even from Ebay.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Ive no experience of what your issue is but if your keeping the car and you are dropping the box out anyway look into replacing the large bearing seal , its a common issue and pisses out oil when it starts to go and contaminates the clutch. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VM-REAR-CRANKSHAFT-OIL-SEAL-KIT-CHRYSLER-VOYAGER-2-5-CRD-2-8-CRD-/331462918896?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d2cbac2f0

Expensive for what it is but better than it going further down the line, if your looking for factors of the bits this engine is also in fx4 taxi cabs.