Sammy

Question

Hello all,

I am a newbie here, bought 2012 Delta SE nav multi jet semi auto on Friday and have been scrolling though to gather some info.

I'm quite please I have managed to get a rare car I almost got a fiesta or clio then saw this last min.

I've got new wiper blades coming, thanks to a post on here for the recommendation.

I'm looking to fit reversing camera and update the stereo. Has anyone got a link to a possible camera that isn't too hard to fit?

I'm not completely useless around cars but I do have basic knowledge and I am keen to figure it out on the go.

I have a feeling I need to replace the battery, it starts first turn but it does take a bit longer than I would like, just long enough to make the heart rate rise. Would this be all I need to check? It's had a service 12 months ago at just under 43,000 miles it's now done 56,000.

Also key doesn't stay in the fob after being flipped out. It flips out fine just doesn't click away. Is this a basic fix or something I need to live with?

Thank you for any help.

14 answers to this question

Welcome Sammy! You deffo made the right choice, and can cruise the streets in a very unique car and prob not see another... Rear ? are all the same to fit, so buy a good resolution one. The difficult bit is routing the cable through the rubber loom thingy from boot lid to body. Try a get one that is also the rear reg plate downlight.

Welcome Sammy! You deffo made the right choice, and can cruise the streets in a very unique car and prob not see another... Rear ? are all the same to fit, so buy a good resolution one. The difficult bit is routing the cable through the rubber loom thingy from boot lid to body. Try a get one that is also the rear reg plate downlight.

Welcome to an exclusive club Sammy. You'll find most answers from here from us few.................

As far as the key goes - The Flip key internally is pretty much standard across the FCA /Fiat/Alfa/Lancia range - see this Video - yes its an Alfa key but watch around 02:30 and you can see there is a  small 'cam' that the key blade clips in to to hold it retained - the cam has probably worked loose.................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uohGj6L7y4

Edited by Nello

Thank you for all your replies. I will look into replacing the battery.

So far I'm loving it, it's basic but I'm not too fussed on sunroof and heated seats etc the only issue I have is the auto gearbox, I'm better suited to Manuels but my husband preferred and auto a semi auto seamed like a good comprise but it's taking me some time to get used to the lack of control, as you know us women like to think were in charge hahaha.

Nello that video is great thank you. I will take it apart and hopefully it's an easy fix.

With regards to fitting an aftermarket stereo is this something that is relatively straightforward? I have fitted a couple before but not one with stearing controls and so I'm wondering if there is much difference. It's got the double din sat nav screen at the mo but I want to be able to use android auto etc I'm getting either a Sony or pioneer screen.

Mikeyrules, that's the camera I was hoping to get although I haven't seen one to fit a Delta I don't suppose you have link to one? I've seen in halford they have one that looks like it will fit but it's makes up as a VW one so I'm not sure. I was going to take the car down and have a look.

Thanks again for all the welcome messages and help. Much appreciated.

Sammy the best thing to do re the camera is to pop out one of the reg downlights and take a picture of it. Usually you can get a generic chinese one off of eBay that should be a direct replacement but with a camera in there as well. The last time I fitted one of these I think I only paid around £10 for it, and it worked really well. It also had the two lines on screen and distance markers to help with the image.

It will need soldering into the reverse light feed loom in the boot where the wires enter the rear light unit. This is so that when you select reverse and the power lights the bulb, it will also power the camera which prompts the head-unit to show the image. As said before the hardest part is routing the cable from the camera back through the tailgate into the roof body and then taking it to the front of the car and head-unit. 

It sounds like you are, but just in case, stay away from the Chinese head-units as they can be larger than a standard double din hole and therefore won't fit. If you keep to Kenwood/Pioneer etc, so known brands you'll be fine. You'll need two conversion looms, one the head-unit cables to convert to fit the dash loom, and also the steering wheel cable so you don't lose those features and these are all plug 'n' play. The Fiat Bravo 2008 onwards leads should work.

Welcome to an exclusive club Sammy. You'll find most answers from here from us few.................

As far as the key goes - The Flip key internally is pretty much standard across the FCA /Fiat/Alfa/Lancia range - see this Video - yes its an Alfa key but watch around 02:30 and you can see there is a  small 'cam' that the key blade clips in to to hold it retained - the cam has probably worked loose.................

Nello thabks for this, the button clip had bent round so after bending it back into place the key now clicks closed.

Sammy the best thing to do re the camera is to pop out one of the reg downlights and take a picture of it. Usually you can get a generic chinese one off of eBay that should be a direct replacement but with a camera in there as well. The last time I fitted one of these I think I only paid around £10 for it, and it worked really well. It also had the two lines on screen and distance markers to help with the image.

It will need soldering into the reverse light feed loom in the boot where the wires enter the rear light unit. This is so that when you select reverse and the power lights the bulb, it will also power the camera which prompts the head-unit to show the image. As said before the hardest part is routing the cable from the camera back through the tailgate into the roof body and then taking it to the front of the car and head-unit. 

It sounds like you are, but just in case, stay away from the Chinese head-units as they can be larger than a standard double din hole and therefore won't fit. If you keep to Kenwood/Pioneer etc, so known brands you'll be fine. You'll need two conversion looms, one the head-unit cables to convert to fit the dash loom, and also the steering wheel cable so you don't lose those features and these are all plug 'n' play. The Fiat Bravo 2008 onwards leads should work.

Thank you, yeah I got a camera fitted today just haven't wired it up yet as the stearing stalk I got was not the quadlock connection so it didn't fit. I'll take a look at the bravo connection and hopefully that will work and I can finish the job.

Thanks for heads up on China headsets, I got a Sony in the end.