Engine Revs Drop Briefly When Just Under 2K Revs

richjharris

Question

Hi all

When diving my Delta S Momo Design 1.6 Multijet, on occasion when the revs are just under 2,000, there is a bit of a drop of for a fraction of a second. It feels like the engine is misfiring but like I say, only for a fraction of a second. It is more noticeable when going up hill. 

I've plugged in an ODB2 cable and connected it in MultiECUScan. Attached is the results of the injector correction graph, compared to my partners Delta SE 1.6 MultiJet (Auto). On my partners graph, the lines are much more uniform. 

Has anyone had a similar experience? Do I need to worry that the graphs from each vehicle do not match, considering the engines are identical?

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Cheers

Rich

post-1298-0-17933400-1550866161_thumb.png

post-1298-0-70302600-1550866167_thumb.png

1 answer to this question

Provided that the fuel and air filters are in good condition and there are no cracked pipework, my gut feeling is that it sounds like a manifold pressure sensor, these have been known to clog up and fail. I would also check around the fuel filter for little leaking seals, as if diesel can get out, air can get in!!! Edited by Andrewgrale