Tow Bars?

stuartmunn

Question

Is there a tow bar available for the Delta... I'm replacing my Doblo which is a simple workhorse... and get used a lot for hauling wood and taking general household rubbish to local recycling centre.

I wouldnt want to mistreat a Delta like that so a trailer seems logical solution.

I cant see any on e-bay and other sites so do they exist?

Cheers

Stuart

16 answers to this question

Yes Tow bars are available... In fact one of the ones for sale at the moment has fitted.

I tried attaching the accessories brochure but the attachment was too big for this forum... Here's the part numbers:

Detachable

Tow bar*

Part No. 50902301

Tow bar cable 7 pin*

Part No. 50902302

Tow bar cable 13 pin*

Part No. 50902303

adaptor 7/13 pins*

Also Witter (Market leaders in tow bars) do them and tbh I'd probably get one from them rather than a Chrysler dealer who'll charge you the earth!

Part No. 50902304

Well I have tried the TCT in the Giulietta ... thought it was brilliant.   I love that car but its too expensive for me at this time. The auto box in the Delta is sourced from Aisin  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWTF-80_SC So it look like a good box to me.

I spent 13 hours commuting last week to work  I live 12 miles south of Aberdeen and I get fed up changing gear crawling forward 3 feet ... etc ... Since I started my new job the fuel economy on my Manual Doblo has gone from 56mpg down to 47 ... so I want an easy life and a more relaxed commute.

They are difficult to find though looks like I lost out on one at a garage near Manchester but I may still get that one.

I like a challenge !

Yeah I'm familiar with it as I've driven both a 159ti Sportwagon in 2.4L 5 cylinder diesel form and a 1.9tdi Saab Aero and thought it was alright, if a little lack lustre... I found it changed up too quickly when trying to make fast progress and wasn't great at changing down either when you needed it to.

I guess it depends on your driving style as I thought it worked well in the Freelander.

Was the one in Manchester at 'Dace Motors' in Stockport?

Yeah I'm familiar with it as I've driven both a 159ti Sportwagon in 2.4L 5 cylinder diesel form and a 1.9tdi Saab Aero and thought it was alright, if a little lack lustre... I found it changed up too quickly when trying to make fast progress and wasn't great at changing down either when you needed it to.

I guess it depends on your driving style as I thought it worked well in the Freelander.

Was the one in Manchester at 'Dace Motors' in Stockport?

yes Dace Motors ... Any knowledge of them?

I used to be an enthusiastic driver until I picked up too many speeding points.  I have retrained myself by joining the IAM and after 4 years have a clean licence ... So my style now is "relaxed" and stress free... except when I get stuck in Aberdeens gridlock!

:)

Yes Dace are fairly local to me... I've never bought anything from them to  be honest. They used to be a bit of a back street trader, who seem to have grown through strong internet presence. The showroom/forecourt is on an industrial estate with the likes of Screwfix etc... and I think they have another forecourt on the A6 heading out of town. It seems to have very mixed reviews which doesn't entirely surprise me:

See here: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews203471.html

I don't particularly like dealers as most at best throw a bucket of water over them, and then try to move them on for £2.5 - £3k profit hoping you don't spot all of the problems. I'm a car dealers worst nightmare, because generally I'll know more about the car than they do, have eyes like a sh*t house rat and don't miss a thing... I also dabbled in the trade for a while so know most of the tricks they pull. I got £800 off my Delta, two new matching premium tyres and the dent guy to go all over it removing any blemishes.

I'm still fairly enthusiastic but the Delta's aren't particularly quick even with a remap... I used to have to do an advanced driving assessment once a year as I did more than 40k business miles a year...can't say it slowed me down much, just made my internal radar work harder lol

It will be quick enough for me after my Doblo in fact  it will be quite sport! y... my previous car was an Alfa GT 3.2V6 ... hence the points ... it was superb fun ... but I'm over it now!

I'd rather buy privatelyif possible ...  there is a nice looking Delta Automatic in Northern Ireland... the price is high and I doubt the dealer will come down to my price.  It does have a low mileage.

Quite happy to travel to anywhere in UK for one... i've done it plenty times. Car prices a high in Aberdeen so its well worth a £100 flight ticket. to get a better car.

I'm still fairly enthusiastic but the Delta's aren't particularly quick even with a remap... I used to have to do an advanced driving assessment once a year as I did more than 40k business miles a year...can't say it slowed me down much, just made my internal radar work harder lol

Another reason to buy a 2.0 limited, I would say mine is just adequately fast so the 1.6 wouldn't suit me. Shame they missed the two really decent models over here as Stuart's 1.9 twin turbo really shifts with the smaller turbos meaning it responds much better from low speeds. Never been in a 1.8 200hp auto but I imagine those must be really nice.

Yeah I've driven and tuned the 1.9 dth twin turbo and really like the flexibility it offers, although anything beyond about 220bhp and 335nm makes it difficult to drive...

The 2.4L 5 cylinder diesel as fitted in the Brera/159 is on the other hand much more flexible and an amazing once tuned. My 939 Spider was running circa 290bhp and 515nm which made for a stunningly quick diesel.... I wonder if it's still alive lol! I'll have to look up the reg and see if it's still on the road!