Help! Alarm Keeps Going Off On 5Th Generation Grand Voyager 2008

ianbarber

Question

PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP? I recently bought a 2008 Grand Voyager 5th Generation 2.8 CRD Touring Model. I have not had it long but already have spent a small fortune getting back into decent road worthy condition.  However now I am faced with the alarm going off randomly for no apparent reason. My local garage has checked all the 20 or so sensors with a sophisticated machine and cannot find any faults. Please does anyone have any ideas for me. I am so close to just selling it on despite absolutely loving the BEAST.

What good is a car I cant lock? Plus my already antsy neighbors are not well pleased with me. is there a way to switch off the alarm siren?

Any help would be most appreciated

A very sad IAN  

4 answers to this question

You can disconnected i think(the horn). They checked the sesors but you may have switches playing up like the bonnet one?! Also earth straps make this car go looney also broken wires that go to the front doors. You can get alternatively with vitech or Appcar DiagFCA(this allows you to see all electronic see all codes and deactivate/change some functions. Vitech is dealer only the Appcar DiagFCA you can run yourself but is tied to your vin; if interested in this metod i can have a look tonight at it. I only know i have alarm on my one as once i openned the bonnet, locked the car and when i lifted the bonnet made me jump...

The alarm is triggered by door, bonnet & tailgate switches. Also there are internal ultrasonic sensors and a tilt sensor in case someone tries to tow it away.

You can rule out the internal sensors by switching them off. To do this, when locking the car press lock on the key fob 3 times within 15 seconds.