Electric Noise From Engine...

chrism172001

Question

So, I bought my 2008 2.8 Grand Voyager 2 weeks ago and so far am loving the concept and driveability, space, etc BUT a couple of niggles...

Tried to get my Parrot kit installed - nightmare and had to try a new stereo as old one wouldn't support it. Spent 4 hours at Halfords last Sunday, only to find nothing they tried worked. So back with original stereo and no Parrot kit installed. Next instalment due this weekend....!

Secondly, I noticed an electrical noise after switching off engine and looked on here to find a posting saying that was normal. Something about the heater burning off excess diesel and lasts for a few minutes after switching off. That was fine but now noticing it whilst the engine is running - very faint from inside the car as the engine noise drowns out mainly but can hear it all the same. Is this normal??

Finally, twice now I have parked, turned off engine & switched lights off, only to get out the car to find the headlights still on. Simply turn them on again and straight off and they do then switch off, but does this happen with anyone else...? Starting to worry that there is a severe electrical problem just waiting to happen!!

2 answers to this question

headlights stay on for how ever long they are set to via the control centre above your head where it reads temp and MPG etc  after turning the car off, turning lights out and locking the doors the lights are set to either stay on for a further 20, 30 or 60 seconds or you can have it set to off instead, they call it guild you home lights so at night you can see where you are walking going to your house door :) I presume this is what you are on about anyway.

the heater does come on when engine has or is running, it is to assist the engine etc to warm up quicker and get to temp, you might also find that like mine when you turn it off and hang around the car for a few minutes it will start to sound like a mini jet engine :) does make a few people uneasy, also during the warm up process on cold days you will see a bit of steam from under your passenger side sliding door, this is just the heater don't worry it has a separate exhaust

as for the parrot kit, I haven't a clue I am afraid sorry