Help With Chrysler Grand Voyager 2002 2.5 Crd

Koit18

Question

11 answers to this question

Hi. Flickering lights, dash doing strange stuff is all electrical fault. Check battery voltage should be 12.4v or higher with car not running. These voyagers need battery to be top condition or you get all sorts of faults. Check battery terminals are tight. Check grounds even if think they're good remove clean and refit (most common fault on these). And check alternator.

If all this is good start checking wiring loom starting at fuse box.

Sounds like bad earth/ground. Check by using voltmeter from positive to steel nut on body and compare voltage connected straigt on battery terminals. If not exactly same you have bad ground, very common on these.What voltage is battery at?

Earth/Ground big black cable goes from negative on battery down to one of the bolts mounting starter motor. Smaller black earth to body under battery tray that needs removing to see earth point.

I've added extra ground wires to mounting bolts of ecu and TCM computers which has fixed few faults.

Edited by Alex

the flickering lights may be down to the voltage regulator 

had same issue with my 2.5crd 

the bad news is that the voltage regulator is part of the ecu 

so to stop the flickering lights means new ecu (or someone really clever who can repair the ecu)

this information was from a very very reliable auto electrician who i have used and known for many many years 

i honestly just put up with the flickering until i eventually sold the car on 

and i sincerely hope you wasn't the guy who bought it after !!

as for the radio not flickering could probably be due to being hard wired straight to the battery thus missing out the main wiring loom and not suffering the same problems