!? Fuse Box Access?

Rossocorsa

Question

still trying to neatly fit the dab adaptor, had the centre console gear-lever surround off so I am able to access the 12v socket wiring however I want to remove the glove box to make access easier and reveal the fuse box. I have released the two plastic pins as it shows in the instruction manual and released the damped side arm but whatever I do the glove box just flops around but will not drop down, can't see what I'm doing wrong any ideas? At the moment it's driving me mad but it's not the end of the world however should I need to change a fuse in the future..........hmmm......

Probably I'm simply missing something here?

14 answers to this question

Undo the gear lever gaiter press stud and use this to get your fingers on the inside edge of the surround gently ease it up at one side at the lowest point (toward rear of the car) once you've got it started it'll come out be aware that it will bring the 12v socket and the blue and me aux / USB with it Edited by Rossocorsa

Yeah there's two screw top and two bottom. The gear surround also surrounds the top of the ac unit, so I'm hoping by removing it, it exposes both sets! The actual unit itself just has 3 multi-plug connectors on the back, so just plug and play...

So am I lifting the gear surround from inside nearest the cup holders and then pulling towards the rear seats?

Sound quality issues it uses FM transmission into the standard radio I know this isn't perfect in itself but this allows full station info on the OE radio/nav/blue and me. Signal levels from the dab aerial seem OK I suspect a combination of poor DAC and issues with the fm , the unit itself in theory is very clever so I'm not sure why I'm having issues sometimes it's near perfect others it's just awful. Spent ages on it so far, they recommend fitting at front but that's not neat and the theory was that this may have been part of the FM signal to aerial issues so putting it at the back was both 100% neat and inconspicuous plus closer to the aerial. Routing the dab aerial cable front to back was a bind! still emailing manufacturer/importer to try to find a solution suspect that unit could be duff or have bad firmware Edited by Rossocorsa