Interior Lighting

dsupple

Question

Hi all, I have a newly purchased 2.4 LX - I bought this as I wanted the simplest mechanical and electrical setup I could buy to minimize problems on a 10yr old car...

Just a question about interior lighting (dark nights are here!) - I've just ordered some bulbs which I hope will fit the back of the headlight switch as all 3 slots were empty - is this usual? I also notice very little lighting on the electric door switch panel. If I look really close, there is a faint green glow for the drivers switch, although nothing on the same small glass switch section for any of the other windows - are these lit from behind with a replaceable bulb?

I also would like to replace the grab handles for the handles from the grand voyager with the built in lights - has anyone done this, and was there any wiring present?

Many thanks

David

2004 Voyager 2.4 LX

1996 Jaguar X300 4.0 Sovereign

1991 Mazda MX5 Roadster

post-258-0-18525000-1414523554_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

i got top of range in its day and that too have no bulbs in the light switches  and the door switches only have green dot

and center controls are the same not all switches lights up 

today i had the switches for heated seats and rear wipe apart and that got led`s some was blown ?

you cant hurt it to try bulbs in it 

as for grab handles its very easy to feed wire in behind the roof lining if you dont find them